Quantcast Tees for Two: A Couple's Guide to Golf: Erectile Dysfunction

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Erectile Dysfunction

I'm not sure if erectile dysfunction an appropriate golf term, but I have it. I noticed over the weekend that I was addressing the ball too upright - or erect - and thus hideously shanking everything rather dysfunctionally. So I have erectile dysfunction in my golf game. Wonder of Pfizer has a little green pill for that. I bet if I were to tell a guy with real E.D. how he could shank everything in sight, he'd call me crazy and then ask how. I digress.

Turns out I didn't need a pill. I was standing too wide, so I was standing too upright so that the club face would be flush to the ball at address. So I closed my legs a bit, bent over a little, and my erectile dysfunction was cured. I wouldn't recommend that for just anybody, but it feels so nice to finally strike an iron stiff again.

My E.D., combined with the fact that I've played nowhere aside from Birdsfoot (review still forthcoming) for the last month or so, has left me little to blog about.

However, we recently got our itinerary from Golf Escapes, Inc. for the upcoming anniversary outing to Southern Pines, NC. If you are planning an outing this year, next year, or in a decade from today, I highly recommend you first get a quote from Golf Escapes, Inc. They are professional, courteous, helpful and, chiefly - they have terrific rates. Our epic review of the Southern Pines trip will likely again pay homage to the Golf Escapes, Inc. staff.

So, we're pretty excited. We aren't playing any of the "real" Pinehurst courses, however, I'll be sure to get a picture of #2's #18, which I believe you can see from the front porch of the club house, along with a group photo of me, Amy and Payne.
I've played The Carolina and The Pit before, and both are quite challenging, but not as aesthetically pleasing as you might think. I've never played Pine Needles, but plan to dunk a few in the water like Tin Cup - which is the primary reason I wanted to play Pine Needles.
Aesthetics alone are Tobacco Road's and Tot Hill Farm's raison d'ĂȘtre on our itinerary. These are less golf courses, and more theme parks and carnivals set up as golf courses. I can't wait to see and share the pictures of these two gems.

It should prove to be quite the challenge in Southern Pines, but at least my E.D. is gone.

No comments: