Quantcast Tees for Two: A Couple's Guide to Golf: Arnold Palmer Hates Me

Monday, June 22, 2009

Arnold Palmer Hates Me

We played Arnold Palmer's Carolina Club today, and I'm quite convinced that somewhere along the way, that sweet old man developed a deep resent for me. I can find no other rationale as to why and how he would foresee today's round, and strategically place bunkers and waste areas where half of my shots landed.

The reality is that I just plan stunk today - shanks, fat iron shots, etc. the kind of stuff you can get away with on an easier course, but are imprisoned by on a more challenging one. When I was in the fairways or greenside rough, I played fairly well. Same can be said for Amy.

But, there were few areas to miss.

I suppose it was good to get that one out of the way - a local art dealer in the Village of Pinehurst says The Carolina is the locals' least favorite. Fortunately, the rest of our itinerary ranks high on this peddler's list.

More to follow.


No comments: