Quantcast Tees for Two: A Couple's Guide to Golf: In the Bags

Friday, April 17, 2009

In the Bags


As we eagerly await the our first couple's course review - Quicksilver - we felt compelled to keep this blog humming and share our preferred equipment. While I firmly believe that the equipment doesn't entirely make for a better golfer, it sure helps. And, finally, Amy and I have a full arsenal of clubs in which we feel confident.

Amy's Bag:
Ladies' Callaway X 460CC Driver
Ladies' TaylorMade Burner Fairway Metals (3 and 5)
Ladies' TaylorMade Burner Hybrids (4 and 5)
Ladies' Taylor Made R7 Draw Irons (4-SW)
Odyssey White Hot Tour Rossie Putter
Ball: Callaway Pearl

Jared's Bag:
TaylorMade R7 Draw Driver
Cleveland Golf HiBore XL Fairway Metals (3 and 5)
Callaway X-Tour Irons (4-PW)
Titleist Vokey 52-Degree Gap Wedge
Cleveland CG10 56-Degree Sand Wedge
Cleveland Tour Action 900 60-Degree Lob Wedge
Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball SRT Putter
Ball: Titleist ProV1 X or Nike One

We're always open to trying new clubs and other types of equipment as the pocket book permits, but we're pleased with our selections for this season. (Note to manufacturers - We'd love to review your latest and greatest, so feel free to contact us with offers)

I'm sure that, at some point, Amy will chime in on golf course fashions, as she's established a rather handsome wardrobe of LACOSTE shirts, vests, etc., as well as some nifty outerwear for the both of us. And, I'm not ashamed to admit, I kind of like the style too.

As for me, my only golf fashion obsession is Titleist hats - I believe I own no fewer than 20. A good friend of mine once laughed when we unpacked our bags for a golf trip to Scottsdale, AZ upon realizing that I'd packed more Titleist hats than any other garment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy is always well dressed on the golf course! It's all about the clothes for us women. Looking good on the course improves our game!