Quantcast Tees for Two: A Couple's Guide to Golf: First Things First

Monday, May 11, 2009

First Things First

We played Birdsfoot again yesterday, as noted, and it was a fantastic adventure - winds at 20 mph that had quickened the previously moist greens, and the rough had grown to U.S. Open length.

At about the 5th hole, my stomach was growling and I could barely focus on the shot at hand. And I had not nearly enough energy to power an 8-iron to the pin.

Simple as it sounds, with all of the preparation we undertake - with cleaning the clubs and making sure our shoes are tightly laced - we often forget one of Maslow's essentials - EAT.

One of my favorites is Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats. They offer five grams of fiber and a variety of flavors - my personal favorite is the Blueberry Muffin flavor, and Amy likes Cinnamon Streusel. On an off note, although my mom doesn't golf, she eats Frosted Mini-Wheats Strawberry Delight like it's going out of style.

And while I consult for them as part of my day job, my love of this cereal is genuine. Pick yourself up a box. You might just save your self a few strokes on the back when the only jitters are from that 3-foot putt for par and not wishing you'd had a nourishing breakfast.

Disclaimer - I work for a consulting agency that represents Frosted Mini-Wheats. I was not paid or otherwise compensated directly by the company to include Frosted Mini-Wheats in this post. I frankly just love the cereal and have come to learn the importance of eating well to playing well.

No comments: